From One Business to Another…
Have you ever walked into a store or office building in Louisville, KY that is just too hot or too cold and you instantly feel uncomfortable? As a customer, a comfortable shopping experience is important. As a local business owner, keeping your customers happy is your number one priority. That’s where we come in. We can help both business owners and customers with quality commercial HVAC services like repair and installation.
Business owners all over the country, and right here in Louisville, KY, have a million and one things on their mind to successfully run their business. Let your HVAC system be one less thing you have to worry about. When you’re in need of a repair or a new installation, call Thompson Heating & Cooling in Louisville, KY.
5 Key Differences Between Residential & Commercial HVAC
Now, we know what you’re thinking: Isn’t that pretty obvious? While it is simple in the aspect that one occurs at a customers’ home while the other takes place at a business establishment, there is more to it than that. We’re here to break down the key differences between residential and commercial HVAC services in Louisville, KY.
- Location: The HVAC system in your home is likely in a basement, closet, or attic. In a commercial building, the HVAC is typically on the roof. Because of their size, keeping them on the roof prevents them from taking up too much valuable square footage inside.
- Single Vs. Multiple units: Residential HVAC units in Louisville, KY are fairly standard with one system for the home but commercial buildings need more equipment. Multiple units are common on commercial spaces.
- Packaged Vs. Split: In your home, you have an indoor HVAC unit and an outdoor component. In a commercial setup, the entire system is packaged in one location.
- Controls: The controls system for a commercial HVAC system is typically more complex than a basic residential model. While a single thermostat is sufficient for your home, that’s not always enough for a commercial building. Some have complex controls systems that require specialized knowledge.
- Ventilation: Residential homes have windows in every room, not all commercial buildings are the same. In fact, many commercial buildings in Louisville, KY do not have windows, which means the HVAC system must use a variety of components to help with ventilation.
For both residential and commercial HVAC systems, the key to making them work their best is quality HVAC maintenance.
Benefits of Commercial HVAC Maintenance
Of all the commercial HVAC services we offer, HVAC maintenance is one of the most important ones. The benefits of quality maintenance are too good to ignore. Here are six of them.
- Save Money: When you’re running a business, you must pay attention to your overhead. Utility bills for a small business in Louisville, KY can be astronomical, especially if you don’t have an efficient HVAC system. Regular HVAC maintenance ensures you’re running at peak performance and keeps your utility bills low. Second, it can prevent expensive breakdowns in your system.
- Improve Your Air Quality: HVAC preventive maintenance helps ensure that the air pumping through your vents is as clean and well-filtered as possible. Make sure your employees and customers are healthy and comfortable by reducing indoor pollutants like dander, dust, pollen, mold, cleaning products, etc. We have air purification systems we can add to your system to improve air quality.
- Improve Your Comfort: You want your customers to be comfortable as they shop or visit your office. Making sure your HVAC is maintained properly is the best way to ensure you have a reliable system all year long.
- Keep Your Home or Business Safer: If you come back to work only to find a broken furnace, frozen pipes, or water damage, your entire livelihood could be at risk. HVAC maintenance can prevent these dangerous possibilities by keeping your system in check to avoid unexpected surprise disasters.
- Help the Environment: The EPA has been working to phase out substances that harm the environment. Commercial buildings can contribute to this by ensuring that they are only using refrigerants that have EPA Section 608 Certification. We can help you understand what kind of refrigerant you’re using, its impact on the environment, and your options.
- Greater Peace of Mind: A preventive HVAC maintenance plan provides the peace of mind knowing that you are protecting your business. We are there to catch problems before they cause major issues so you can keep on doing what you do best.
From One Business to Another…
If you’re a Louisville, KY business owner and you’re in need of commercial HVAC services, just give us a call today. Thompson Heating & Cooling comes highly recommended, known for our quick and reliable services, as well as our customer service.
We are proud to offer service to those in the following areas: Louisville, La Grange, Crestwood, Prospect, Buckner, Ballardsville, Anchorage, Pee Wee Valley, and the surrounding areas.
Give us a call today to schedule one of our top-quality commercial HVAC services.